Australian Government has banned to export some materials of anti-COVID-19 goods
The Australian government has banned the export of some equipment that could help efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, including:
- disposable face masks
- disposable gloves
- disposable gowns
- goggles, glasses or eye visors
- alcohol wipes
- hand sanitizer.
Exemptions to these measures apply where:
- a person departing Australia takes a reasonable quantity of these items for personal use
- these items are exported by a person for a relative’s personal use, and they are not sent by international mail
- these items are exported by a humanitarian organisation and they are not sent by international mail
- these items have been manufactured by the exporter and they are not sent by international mail
- export of these items is a person’s normal business (registered under the GST Act and with an ABN) and they are not sent by international mail.
For more information on the import and export of goods during this period, go to Exportation of goods during COVID-19 human biosecurity period.